The University of Worcester will be launching a new Entrepreneurship degree in September 2016, which will focus on helping young people to start, launch and grow their own business.
75% of students want to start a business
The Worcester Business School, Entrepreneurship bachelor’s degree will use a unique ‘work-based learning’ approach that will allow the student to learn whilst working in their own business. It also allows them to be working in an existing business that they will one day take over, such as a family business or agricultural business.
BA (Hons) Entrepreneurship – UCAS N106
This programme enables you to develop and test your business idea throughout the course of your degree, whilst the bite-sized blocks of learning are scheduled and designed to provide essential learning around entrepreneurship when you need it most. This Startup Experiential Learning approach enables you to:
- Develop skills, knowledge and an entrepreneurial mindset to help develop the Entrepreneur within you.
- Develop processes and an in-depth understanding of how to start and run a enterprise.
You will be part of an enterprise community with like-minded students across the University, creating a strong network of Entrepreneurs, to support, share practice and to act as a critical friend.
The Entrepreneur Degree
We have a range of additional support to help students on the Entrepreneurship degree, including a business incubator unit, mentoring, networking events and a grant notification service, all ensuring we help develop these young people into developing into business owners over the length of the course. The Entrepreneurship business education degree – BA (Hons) course is available to study as a 3-year full-time or 4-year sandwich course, with the opportunity to take part in an incubator placement year.
Key features of this course:
- Lectures are held only one day each week, so that course schedule maximises time spent ‘on task’ (e.g. starting, running, expanding your own business and obtaining hands-on experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Real-world focus – taught by experienced entrepreneurs and business practitioners.
- A Work Based Learning approach to enable you to access career-enhancing expertise, or even to try out different opportunities for your future career.
- Entrepreneurial Projects to develop core enterprise skills to support your own business success. Previous students have created pop-up shops, designed advertising campaigns, launched a business; raised funds for local charities and presented business plans to a major bank – all as part of their course.
- Business Incubator provided for the duration of the course, including a 24/7 open working area, postal address and meeting rooms.
- All students will be offered at least one Mentor to support their growth.
- Opportunity to study and work with an Entrepreneur abroad in Europe, America, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Retail opportunities for market testing and sales development.
- Monthly Business Clinics to support you in developing IP, Tax, Funding and bookkeeping strategies.
- Access to our in-house Media Lab, our student led-software house, where they undertake work for business clients.
- Investment Readiness and Business Growth support in your final year.
- Access to a range of Networking Events to help you develop your own network and business throughout the course.
- Ranked 1st in Management Studies in 2014 National Student Survey for staff access and 10th for overall satisfaction.
Find out more at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/courses/entrepreneurship-ba-hons.html